Tuesday, August 16, 2011

....No Matter What the Weapon is I Want You to know that I WIN.....

Have you ever been told something, yet you found it so hard to believe? You didn't have doubt, but just wondered "why me?". Well, that is understood to be normal, but never give into it.


August 6-9 FPC North Little Rock hosted a little conference called Camp meeting! Though held every year, the team all felt as if something was going to happen this year. That it would turn out to be one of our best yet, and in my opinion, yes indeed it was!

So Monday night rolls around (8-8-11) and the church basically split in half. The adults would have church in the sanctuary, and then the youth would move into the old sanctuary (now great hall) and have youth service. Well, well, well, that was such a good idea. The youth got the awesome Matthew Tuttle, and as always it was phenomenal!

Outside, it was storming, but that didn't stop us. As service began I was already on the edge. Singing began, and they asked if we could just lift our hands and begin to pray out loud and lift our voice, well as soon as we began, the lights knocked out. When that happened the praise grew louder and louder. Having that experience before personally at a past practice, I knew it wasn't the rain. They knocked out about two times, and then all was good. They stayed on for the rest of the service, but I knew that didn't just happen by just an accident. As he began preaching, you basically played a game of up and down. He ended kinda early but I already knew why. He asked if all would stand who already weren't, and for us to pray. Well, I think you know what happened. It wasn't just an old fashion prayer meeting, it was and old fashioned shoutin meeting! I received a blessing myself praying with a fellow member. After I kinda wound down, I went and prayed with Kaitlyn and Elizabeth and all broke loose. Kaitlyn received a blessing I knew she needed, as well as I and Elizabeth. After a while Elizabeth went and prayed with someone else, while I stayed behind with Kaitlyn. I just thought I was done, apparently I was wrong! Kaitlyn and I both wound up drunk for a while, but was much needed.

With all of that said and done, it was time for singsperation. We were signing Revelation Song, and sadly I was unable to attend. But I just looked at it like I wasn't meant to stay that night. That there was something waiting around the corner.

So the next night, which happens to be the last night, we got none other than Bro. Matthew Tuttle yet again to finish off NLR Camp meeting! Only this time, he was preaching to everyone.

Just as always, he did amazing! Still coming down from my holy ghost high from the night before, I was ready to see what was going to happen tonight. If you hadn't already guessed it, shoutin service! As I began to wind down from praying by myself, I looked around to see if there was any friends that I could see. I found three other friends, and went to pray with them while they received their blessings. But I didn't want to stop, I felt I needed to pray some more, but I didn't know with who or for what. As I looked around, I saw Kaitlyn from a distance. She was sitting on the floor, and I just felt like I needed to go over there. As I headed over there, I saw her mom sitting on the other side of her, and a lady laying face down on the floor, which is who they were praying for. I didn't know who it was so I knelt behind Kaitlyn and put my hands on her back to begin to pray. A few min. later she turned around and told me to come up beside her so I did. With Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn's mom, and myself around this lady, we all began to pray for her. When we were another member came up behind Kaitlyn and he told her that I knew what to say. To tell me to just say it. Kaitlyn told me to use my words, to just speak them, use my words, use my words. I honestly didn't know what to do when I heard that so I just layed my hand on top of the lady's head, and began to pray. I still had one hand free, and after a while, the lady went to grab my free hand so I grabbed hers. With one hand in hers and my other on top of her head, I began to pray until I began to speak in tongues. Since I had no idea what to say, I just let the Holy Ghost speak through me. It was then, when I had words to speak.

After she finished praying, she sat up and looked at me and asked who I was. Kaitlyn's mom told her, and the lady said, "I don't know you, and I have never seen you before, but you have an anointing on your life. You have a great calling on your life. I was having a hard time breaking through and something just told me to reach out and grab your hand and so I did. And when you started praying for me, I just felt like I died and came back to life." What response was I supposed to give to that? I just sat there and smiled. I didn't know what to say.

I had been told multiple times before by two other members and one of their parents that I was going to be used by God. Stubborn me, it just took a while for it to sink i. I never doubted being used by God I just didn't realize how much I would be used. I'm not saying this to "cover myself in roses", I'm not saying this to get any credit whatsoever, I am simply posting this in encouragement to all who follow this blog, that you should never doubt of being used by God. He has you chose for a reason, so just "Let go and let Him".


Acts 9:15-19    
      
       But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
       For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake
       And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house: and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
        And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
         And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were in Damascus.



--Kayla (team member)

No comments:

Post a Comment