Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Raindrop of Faith...A Tressel Bridge...A Sling and a Stone

Have you ever been at the point of where you needed a break through and you needed it right then? Well, I was put in that possition just a few weeks ago. I wasn't near backslidden but still needed something. I didn't know exactly what but I could tell I needed it.

So Friday night rolls around 9-10-11 and found out that we were going to have a mass youth service. I didn't know why, but I just felt as if it was going to be a good one. Indeed it was. Bro. Wesley Jackson came to preach to us, he had told us from the start he felt that God had pressed it upon him to preach this message to us. Call me corkey, but I believe that the people that were there were meant to be.

He starts preaching about "storing up the spirit". Which basically means, you feel everything yet you have nothing to show for it. That you are to concerned about what other people thought about you. I will be the first to admitt that I have struggled with that for a while. I would always be wondering, oh well what if he wont like me anymore because of this, what will she think if I break loose. Well, that night I did not care whatsoever. Yes it was intimidating, but in order to do what God has planned for you, you have to show Him that you are not ashamed to do the small stuff. Yes it's different, yes you will be different, but in order to be used by Him, you have to be different for He was and is different.

He began preaching, and at first I didn't think I was the one being preached to, but as he got further into the sermon, I realized that I needed to open my ears open just a little bit more. Still didn't know why. Yes I was listening, but for me to REALLY listen to basically absorb everything he was saying, I had to basically be braindead. There came a time in the service where, we played " up and down ". The last time, I could feel my legs starting to shake. We sat back down but just for a second. We stood back up and there were a few that stepped out into the aisle, and I am so glad I was one of them. I took a leap of faith, and walked out onto the water. With stammering lips and shouting my little legs off, I received a blessing that I will not soon forget.

Now you may be wondering, why I titled this what I did, well I am about to let you find that out. With a great blessing comes a great battle. It may be this and it may be that, however mine comes to feeling God like I did that night. The devil doesn't like it, and he will do whatever he can to keep me from feeling what I felt. So all you need to do to fight him and to get that blessing all over again is a raindrop of faith, the battle which is the tressel bridge, and bring your sling and your stone. Walking on the tressel bridge may swing you back and forth, but there is always an end, and one day those ropes have to break loose. Off to the firey lake below will they fall. With a sling and a stone hand in hand they can't climb up.

David slayed Goliath with a sling and a stone, who is to say we can't do the same. You just have to have your mind determined on getting across that bridge without the ropes falling with you on it. Keep your eye on the end of that rope, and in the end, He will help you off, and your blessing will pour!

Kayla--{team member}

No comments:

Post a Comment