Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stand Still and Wait.

I began my signing ministry about 2 years ago. I started attending a church in Austin, Arkansas who had a very anointed sign team. After sometime of being there, I joined and fell in love with the ASL language and know right away that was what God had in store for me. A year later I was forced to pick up signing by myself due to some issues that had arose. The very first song I picked, or should I say that picked me, was "The Revelation song" by Kari Jobe. The very first time I heard that song, it just spoke to me and I knew I would sign that song one day. I begin teaching myself the song and within just a few days, I had all the signs to the song down despite my lack of ever knowing sign language before hand. I was preparing to sign it at the church I was attending then, but nothing could prep me for the anointing and presence that I felt as the song began playing. I felt as if I was indeed before God's holy throne signing to HIM! The experience of that night will never be forgotten! After the service that night, I started on my new song which was "Mercy Seat". Each new song would present it's self to me as if God was hand picking them for me. So it was no surprise to me that each song He would choose, would just fit the times of stress that those whom I was signing too was enduring at that time. Out of all the song to which I've learned, The Revelation song has been my staple and one that I always turn to. No matter the service, no matter what anyone's troubles or burdens are, The Revelation song always has a beautiful blessing in store for those who seek one. So it's no surprise when the Lord finally blessed me with a sign team that The Revelation song would be the song that Lord picked for us to sign. Always anointed and always powerful, I couldn't think of signing any other song then that one for the upcoming Easter Services.

As me and my Team members began our practices, we joined together for prayer and I felt the presences of the Holy ghost sweep around us. I can not tell you what exactly God has in store for us, but I do know that it's something that none of us can comprehend! I truly believe that God is going to move through each and every one of us as we sign this song and those to come. I am believing that not only will God bless us, but I believe that He will use US to bless others.

Thank you Jesus, for your wonderful blessings!
-Kaitlyn {Sign Team Leader}

No comments:

Post a Comment